Monday, April 12, 2010

Life List

I have read countless blogs lately that have the author's version of their "Life List" or "Bucket List" or whatever the hell you want to call it. So, I wanted to start my own. They're in no particular order - and only include things I haven't yet done - so maybe I'm selling my life short a little since in reality I've already done a bunch of stuff that would have normally been on my list. Also, I'm only sticking to concrete things that can be checked off - there are more things I would add if I wanted to put general life goals like - "never pass up a great opportunity".

Most people's lists are like 100 items long - and I think I'll get there, but this is just my initial list. And I didn't waste time listing individual countries ... because I think I'd list half the globe. Although, there are a few exceptions for countries I've been talking about going to for a long time and haven't gone yet. I'm open to suggestions for those of you that think I'm leaving something off I've always talked about doing...

1. Learn to scuba dive.
2. Swim with sharks.
3. Visit all 50 states.
4. Go to Mexico.
5. Ride a motorcycle.
6. Ride a jet ski.
7. Go skydiving.
8. Go bungee jumping.
9. Hang glide.
10. Learn to snowboard.
11. Live overseas at least one more time.
12. Visit Machu Picchu.
13. See the Pyramids.
14. Visit the Middle East.
15. Walk on the Great Wall of China (again).
16. Attend a World Expo.
17. Go to a World Cup game.
18. Get a master's degree of some kind.
19. Learn to speak Spanish as well as I did when I was living in Argentina.
20. Become conversant in a third language.
21. Get a tattoo or brand.
22. Visit New Zealand.
23. Write a book.
24. Go on a Safari.
25. Volunteer/work in Africa.
26. Sleep in a hut on the beach in Thailand.
27. Learn to drive stick.
28. Go on a cruise.
29. Become an expert on something. Anything.
30. Become a certified yoga teacher.

No comments: