Thursday, July 3, 2008

One of those weeks...

Ever just have one of those weeks where everything feels like shit even though nothing actually went wrong? Well this has been one of those weeks. The fact that it has been such a shit week is strange because it has been a relatively calm week for me. No, it's not my time of the month, and I'm not sick... I'm not really sure what it is.

To make matters worse... my plans to go to Australia the week before Ronnie's wedding are being foiled by the fact that I don't yet have a way to re-enter China. The bureaucracy here is just amazing. I never would have imagined that this much red tape would be wound around me, restricting me from doing so many things. With any luck I will be able to slice through enough red tape to make it to the wedding, just not as early as I had hoped. Oh China... how you complicate my life.

My distance from all things familiar and comfortable has plagued me this week more than ever. This is due in part to the fact that I haven't been able to communicate with Andrew, and in part to the frustrations that I have been experiencing with planning my trip to Australia. There are other things affecting my mood as well, but they are less clear cut and not as easily analyzed and expressed. Maybe someday I will understand myself enough to be able to take a step back and look at my mood and declare what is at the root of it. For now I will settle for empty speculation and hope that with age comes clarity.

No comments: